Dean takes on Nursery

BIG DAY! So Dean turns 18 months in a few weeks. However, they usually ask the parents to come in with them a few weeks early to help the kids adjust to the change. Apparently kids have a hard time separating from their parents. WHO KNEW!

I went in with him for like 5 minutes and the Nursery President said "It seems like he is not going to have any trouble at all, I guess you can leave". HAHA, as soon as that Nursery door opened he was in there playing with the toys and talking to the kids. Didnt even notice I was there, let alone notice I was gone.

So I got to enjoy my first Relief Society Lesson in a really long time. I love Relief Society and am consistently amazed at the Church and its perfect organizational structure. It is really uplifting to visit with the other women in Relief Society. I have never been able to be an active part of that because my callings have always kept me away, as I listened to the messages and the comments from the other sisters I couldnt help but think "This is the way its supposed to be".

Today's talks where amazing, something was pointed out that really stuck with me. All the talks that where given in General Conference mentioned in some way or another grief, trials, pains, the turbulous times we live in. However, the message was not that. The message was one of hope, peace, comfort.

As my boy entered into Nursery today, I couldnt help but see what lies ahead for him, how grateful I am for a knowledge of the Restored Gospel. How grateful I am to be able to teach him that in turbulous times he can have hope and joy. How comforted I am to know he will have Priesthood blessings in his life.

Dean on his first day to Nursery.

My two greatest loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment